2016 Catalyst Challenge – NY+Acumen Case Competition
NY+Acumen, in partnership with Friends of the Children, NYU Wagner, NYU Stern, Columbia Business School, and Columbia School of International & Public Affairs, proudly pronounce the 2nd annual Catalyst Case Challenge.
Who is the Catalyst Case Challenge?
The Catalyst Case Challenge is a unique opportunity for those who aspire to be the movers and shakers of the world and want to create a positive change through social innovation. The challenge is more than just a competition; it will also feature an interactive workshop and Q&A with Friends of the Children’s leadership. For the competition, teams of graduate students will be required to submit their analysis and solutions for the case and finalists will be selected to present to a panel of judges comprised of social innovation leaders.
Who should apply?
Registration is open to all current graduate students of the partner universities: NYU Wagner | NYU Stern | Columbia Business School | Columbia School of International & Public Affairs.
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you should apply to the competition:
- Do you want to go beyond “theory” and think about how to solve problems in the real world?
- Do you want to become a better presenter, problem solver and critical thinker while preparing for other competitions?
- Do you have an interest and passion for social innovation and want to learn about business models that address their challenges and needs?
What is the Cost?
The cost to participate in the Catalyst Case Challenge is $100 per team (of 3-4 students), which includes the case study, workshop, as well as the opportunity to present to the panel of judges if selected as a finalist (8 teams will be selected).
How can I apply?
- Create a team of 3 – 4 students
- Fill in the application form
- Successful applicants will be sent a link to register
- Register and pay to compete
Registration is limited to 30 teams. Please stay tuned for key dates and registration information.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org